Technology Innovation Engineer (Automotive - ADAS Technologies)
Technology Innovation Engineer
Take a leadership role in the Auto Industry as a Technology Innovation Engineer. Will be required to accurately investigate and understand the different technology trends and movements in the US Auto Industry in the areas of Connected and Automated Mobility. Requires the ability to clearly and concisely summarize technical and industry information from a variety of sources (Conferences, Seminars, Meetings, Consortiums, Technology Publications, Personal Networks and others). Candidate will use this information to develop and execute a startup engagement plan cultivating and growing the start-up network in the Michigan and Ontario regions. Candidate will support the Techstars Mobility Startup Accelerator. Utilize start-up knowledge and technical trend expertise to support internal prototype group.
Required areas of knowledge include Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS), Connected and Autonomous mobility, Robotics AI, Deep Learning, Autonomous Sensor Technology, Mobility as a Service, Big Data Analytics and Wireless Communications (4G, 5G, CV2X, DSRC). Familiarity with technology start-ups is strongly desired. Ability to clearly create and communicate reports/recommendations to Company’s top management.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Analyze intelligence, data and information to create hypothesis regarding the future implications to Company in the areas of ADAS, Connected and Autonomous Vehicles, MaaS, Autonomous Sensors, AI, Deep Learning, Big Data Analytics and wireless communications.
- Attend technical/industry conferences, meetings, events, consortiums to acquire vital information. Support Techstars Mobility Accelerator. Create clear and concise reports (written and verbal) summarizing findings as well as strategy to support prototype group.
- Frequently interact, network and cooperate with Government, Supplier, Academia, OEM and other organizations in the topical areas above.
- Work together with other divisions within Company to address the challenges related to this research.
- Travel and overtime may be required depending on projects.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Computer/Mechanical Engineering or related
3+ years of experience in the automotive or related industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Deep understanding of the mobility technology areas described above (Connected and Automated Vehicles, ADAS, AI, Deep learning, etc).
- Understanding of the latest disruptive trends in this mobility space.
- Understanding of the innovation ecosystem (startups, VC’s, funding, etc)
- Ability to communicate in Japanese and English highly desirable
- Solid written and oral communication skills for internal & external presentations
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Able to recognize and resolve problems and prioritize solutions
- Flexibility to respond to changing priorities
- Understanding of multi-cultural work environment
** If interested please contact Kyle Potter at KPotter@advancedtechno.com or 774 847 9812 **
Pay: $40 to $80/hour
$40 to $80 Per Hour
Job Status: Full Time