Stress Engineers (Rocket Engines)
Want ANSYS Workbench experience but will use ANSYS Classic or Abaqus.
No interest in all Nastran folks.
This is FEA of Engine Components and structures around the engine.
A Fuselage type person or composites type will not work.
Keys: Rotating Machinery, Engines, Manifolds, Turbines
- Develop Component Finite Element Models based on interaction with the design and engine system analysis team.
- Run FEM Simulations of rocket engine hardware including turbomachinery, manifolds, and thrust chambers
- Use FEM to support test and failure investigations
- Provide guidance to design engineers to improve the performance of designs
- Communicate analysis results to the team
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering and 2+ years of experience in structural analysis utilizing FEA
- Excellent understanding of structural analysis/mechanics
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Ability to be self-directed and balance several tasks at one time
- Ability to communicate analysis results effectively
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Experience with structural modeling of pressurized components, rocket engine hardware, or similar high performance hardware
- Knowledge of ANSYS Mechanical or ABAQUS is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of at least one programming/scripting language (Python/MATLAB/etc.