Senior Avionics Systems Engineer
Engine Avionics Senior Systems Engineer
In this role, you will work with methodical systems development of Engine Controller software and hardware from concept to requirements to design and implementation to verification and validation. You will lead and support system engineering practices across disciplines and teams areas of system analysis, requirements development, design, development, implementation and integrated testing. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Perform system design and development at all stages of development lifecycle, requirements capture and flow-down, preliminary design, critical design, product realization, design verification testing, system integration, qualification and certification
- Responsible for ensuring the engine avionics sub-system development programs adhere to software and hardware safety standards such as DO-178C.
- Working with customers and test sites, create interface definition and design specification documents from engineering documentation. Respond to all facets of customer’s operability questions during all life-cycle phases of design, development, test and launch.
- Create and system verification plans, test cases and test procedures for requirements verification. Support activities for requirements and design validation.
- Support risk analyses, failure modes effects and criticality analyses (FMECA), design for test/manufacture/cost, and guide overall design assurance
- Effectively communicate development status, risks, and opportunities
- Track, evaluate and report on system metrics
- Create and maintain processes and plans
- Perform analysis of engine test data to assess progress towards test objectives and compliance with requirements
- B.S. degree or higher in an appropriate engineering field
- 10+ years of Systems Engineering experience for complex hardware and/or software systems/sub-systems within the Aerospace industry or another similar safety critical industry.
- Ability to be self-directed and balance several tasks at one time
- Knowledge and experience of systems engineering practices, integration processes, and mission/safety critical systems
- Experience in project planning and successful execution of projects to cost and schedule targets.
- Experience in risk and opportunity management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strength in teaming and collaboration in a diverse work environment, self-starter
- Experience with DOORS or other system requirement software equivalent
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience with avionics (commercial aircraft, military aircraft or space vehicle) software and hardware system development
- Experience with DO-178C development programs
- Familiarity with avionics or aircraft / rocket engine system control
- Familiarity with P6 or other scheduling software
- Master's Degree (M.S.) or higher in an engineering/technical field
Our client offers a phenomenal work environment and an awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Job Status: Full Time