Seeking Optical /Mechanical Design / Manufacturing Engineers
Seeking Optical / Mechanical Design/Manufacturing Engineers for the Stamford, CT area for (18 month TEMP to PERM) OR (PERM) opportunities:
MUST BE US Citizen or GREEN CARD HOLDER
Must be competent at 3D Cad prefer UGNX or Solidworks
This group is Making Optical Sensors, Bonding Glass, Interferometers. Someone with this background would be excellent.
**Ideally looking for someone with Opto/Mechanical Design Engineering skills that understands the manufacturing and production with the ability to give direction to production engineers and technicians on how to build product/tooling etc.**
- Support creation of process flow charts.
- Analyze the production process for project-related parts in the machine and point out structural problems and bottlenecks, work out suggestions for improvements, and initiate their implementation, often in close cooperation with associated groups as Design, Industrial Engineering and Customer Support.
- Contribute to the rapid solution of complex faults and take the necessary initiative to identify and implement practical decisions.
- Bring knowledge to bear on (new) product development projects, in order to foresee production problems in the design phase and to improve the manufacturability of the product and test designs.
- Review procedures and specifications.
- With support from D&E engineers, create and design production tooling & qualification tests.
- Validate technical work instructions.
- Support production issues with concise troubleshooting of optical systems and subsystems.
- Evaluate and disposition failed parts, with proposed solutions for structural problems.
- Review Failure Analysis Reports from suppliers and help validate the root cause of the failure.
- Evaluate test results from RGA (define) equipment to determine if the parts, assemblies, or modules meet contamination requirements.
- Interface with internal and external customers regarding the build and test of assemblies and final products
- Support equipment calibration and upkeep, and new equipment specification and procurement for all analytical instruments used in manufacturing.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Optical or Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- 1~5 years or more (co-op included) in an engineering environment.
- Experience in manufacturing of high precision opto-mechanical systems or optical assemblies
- Working knowledge of a CAD program such as Unigraphics or Solidworks is a must
- Experience in a production environment with high tech products and complex production processes is an advantage
- Experience in the field of technical manufacturing engineering and quality methodologies such as statistical process control and FMEA is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of SAP, is a plus
If qualified, email a WORD version copy of your resume and then call me to discuss!
Can you recommend anybody? Referrals appreciated!
Job Type: Full-time
- How many years of Optical Engineering experience do you have?
Job Status: Full Time