Location: Gilbert, AZ
Contract to hire
Conversion to direct hire likelihood: Very high
Advocate a safe, secure and ethical work environment for employees that maintains compliance with federal, state and local government regulations (OSHA, EPA, DEQ, DOT, etc) in addition to corporate policies.
Participate in the development, planning, implementation and updating of Health and Safety (H&S) programs, practices and procedures.
Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as our customers and regulatory agencies to achieve cultural change.
Set an example by complying with all EHS procedures and policies, wear all required safety Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), encourage safe working practices and correct obvious hazards immediately or report them to the proper personnel.
- Management of Change (MOC)
- Incident Response
- Occupational Safety Oversight
- Audits and Inspections
- Command Media (Policies and Procedures)
- Safety Program Management
- Training, Meetings and Certifications
o (r) Maintain Laser and Radiation Safety Officer Certification.
o (r) Establish and maintain occupational safety training schedule(s).
o (r) Develop and conduct periodic occupational safety and health meetings or training for employees as needed.
o (r) Sustain competency in occupational safety (OSHA Safety Training - OSHA 511,DOT,RCRA)
- Permits and Licenses
o (r) Establish and maintain occupational safety licenses and permits and coordinate/interface with external regulatory agencies.
o (r) Ensure timely and proper delivery of support information or certification statements to government agencies to generate and maintain permits.
o (r) When requested by management or colleagues, share historical knowledge, key updates, best practices and advice on ES related issues and make recommendations to facility management decisions.
o (ts) Act as EHS point of contact for emergency personnel, corporate or external agency audits or inquiries.
- (ts) Back-up the environmental lead on all of their time sensitive tasks or any routine tasks specifically identified by the environmental lead prior to any absences and upon mutual agreement. Teammates are expected to set up a meeting or a call with each other to clearly share instructions/expectations when such coverage/assistance is needed.
If conflicting priorities arise between colleagues, consult with EHS manager who will factor in all considerations and make a decision.
Job Status: Full Time