Production Engineer - Manufacturing
- Assess new product concepts for design for manufacturability, design for assembly, and manufacturing based cost estimating
- Provide support to engineering and operations personnel in the preparation of detailed build/test work instructions (supplemented w/ photographs) for prototype and pilot production assemblies.
- Resolve process, tooling and design problems related to assembly of components.
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause failure analysis on mechanical subsystems and components.
- Drive programs to develop in-house manufacturing processes, quality systems, and continuous improvement systems to achieve problem resolution with minimum supervision.
- Create weekly progress report on the deliverable of focus areas.
- Bachelor in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- 2 years minimum experience in electro-mechanical design, assembly & test.
- Knowledge in Electro-Mechanical Design, Assembly Process, & Mechanical CAD (NX preferred). Component part manufacturing processing a plus.
- Experience with the following computer application software: MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Word, and a Photo Editor (i.e. – MS Picture Manager).
- Hands on approach in initiating materials failure analysis and corrective /preventive actions closure.
- Possess the specialized knowledge to source for alternatives to a problem.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interact w/ cross-functional global teams, including written & verbal communication, w/ an ability to understand & simplify technical jargon, and eliminate any technical ambiguity.
- Good presentation skills for in-house design for manufacturing reviews & weekly reporting.
Job Status: Full Time