MS or PhD Mechatronics Engineers
Seeking Mechatronics/ Robotics Design Engineers for Temp to Perm OR PERM opportunities in the Stamford, CT area:
MS or PhD Degree with 2 to 5+ years of experience and an Engineering Degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical, Electrical or similar
**Must have 3.5 GPA or HIGHER!**
(18 month contract to perm or PERM/Direct Hire opportunities)
- Primary role will be a Mechatronics Engineer in the New Product Design & Development Team.
- Responsible for design and development of custom mechatronics systems, including translating stages, linear motors, sensors, servos, etc.
- Design quality products using six sigma and lean process techniques for robust designs.
- Experience with understanding and troubleshooting legacy designs to determine potential new risks, failure modes, and corrective actions for new products.
- Participate in “sustaining engineering” tasks, resolving equipment design issues in a timely fashion as they arise at customer sites.
- Integration of industrial robotics into capital equipment, developing with the cross sector team all related aspects such as dynamics, end effector design, controls, etc.
- Basic experience with mechatronics behavior predictive modeling and methods, including “first principle” engineering equations and other techniques.
- Take direction from the company System Architects and Senior Engineering mentors who are leading the development effort of critical large capital equipment.
- Create documentation and Statements of Work for new product design and operation to be used in a clean Manufacturing Environment
- Work with external suppliers to define and develop certain aspects of new product design while collaborating with internal cross discipline teams.
- The ideal candidate needs to have a deep understanding of mechatronics, control theory systems and servo tuning to be incorporated into end product.
- Mechatronics engineering background or specialization in closely related areas such as robotics, or other fields.
- Strong skills in proof of concept development and design of experiments for a wide range of project needs.
- Ability to run complex mechatronic systems for test and qualification of design changes.
- Demonstrated ability to derive conclusions from analysis and to make practical recommendations.
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary projects, such as imaging / optical systems, semiconductor, or lithography preferred but not required.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills, including the ability to present results based on strong statistical evidence to audiences of a wide range of technical abilities
If qualified, email a WORD version copy of your resume along with your hourly pay rate or salary requirements and then call Peggy at 774-210-4108 to discuss!
Can you recommend anybody? Referrals appreciated!