Mechatronics Engineer - Product Design & Development
Primary role will be a Mechatronics Engineer in the New Product Design & Development Team.Responsible for design and development of custom mechatronics systems, including industrial robots, translating stages, linear motors, sensors, servos. Design quality products using six sigma and lean process techniques for robust designs both in atmosphere and vacuum environment. Experience with understanding and troubleshooting legacy designs to determine potential new risks, failure modes, and corrective actions for new products.
- The ideal candidate needs to have a deep understanding of mechatronics, control theory systems and servo tuning to be incorporated into end product.
- Mechatronics engineering background or specialization in closely related areas such as robotics, or other fields.
- Strong skills in proof of concept development and design of experiments for a wide range of project needs.
- Ability to run complex mechatronic systems for test and qualification of design changes.
- Demonstrated ability to derive conclusions from analysis and to make practical recommendations.
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary projects, such as imaging / optical systems, semiconductor, or lithography preferred but not required.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills, including the ability to present results based on strong statistical evidence to audiences of a wide range of technical abilities.
MS or PhD Degree with 0 to 5+ years of experience with an Engineering Degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical, Electrical or similar.