Stamford, USApply now Back to search
- General: Using general Physics, Electronics, Mechanics, and Software knowledge and an understanding of the sensor systems and tools to de-bug new and existing sensors in complex systems.
- Troublshooting / Problem Solving: the candidate must have expertise at troubleshooting complex problems on complex systems, develop/debug algorithms; the candidate must have the ability to use analytical processes to develop and execute test plans to determine the root cause of problems.
- Communication: The candidate must have the capability to clearly communicate progress and status of ongoing investigations to managers and to customers.
- Programming: The candidate must possess the ability to implement data analysis techniques into functioning MATLAB codes. Optimization skills, GUI building experience, and familiarly with Labview and Python are a plus.
MS in Physics (PhD preferred), Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other Engineering disciplines, with an emphasis on optical systems, electronics or software design and analysis, or equivalent experience.
- Be able to break down complex problems with limited data to come to solutions – strong critical thinking capability.
- A working knowledge of MatLab and for data collection and analysis to drive solutions.
- Be able to interface with multidisciplinary groups and work effectively in a team and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous assignments on schedule.
- Be able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training and be capable of thoroughly investigating technical issues (analytically and through experiments).