Seattle, USApply now Back to search
- Develop Component Finite Element Models based on interaction with the design and engine system analysis team.
- Run FEM Simulations of rocket engine hardware including turbomachinery, manifolds, and thrust chambers
- Use FEM to support test and failure investigations
- Provide guidance to design engineers to improve the performance of designs
- Communicate analysis results to the team
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering and 2+ years of experience in structural analysis utilizing FEA
- Excellent understanding of structural analysis/mechanics
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Ability to be self-directed and balance several tasks at one time
- Ability to communicate analysis results effectively
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Experience with structural modeling of pressurized components, rocket engine hardware, or similar high performance hardware
- Knowledge of ANSYS Mechanical or ABAQUS is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of at least one programming/scripting language (Python/MATLAB/etc)