Bristol, USApply now Back to search
Under the general direction of the Purchasing Manager, the Buyer is responsible for the procurement of materials, equipment, and services with the objective of meeting established cost, delivery and quality initiatives.
• Issue requests for quotation/bid/proposal & analyze supplier quotes to determine best source in terms of cost, conformance to requirements, and delivery • Generate reliable cost estimates that accurately reflect the cost and customer requirements.
• Organize data and estimates from various functional areas into cohesive, auditable and consistent cost packages.
• Analyzes material estimates to ensure cohesiveness and consistency with the Proposal Action Plan.
• Develops material cost histories and estimates to support proposal packages, audits, and negotiations.
• Document fair and reasonable pricing per Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) by performing cost and and/or price analysis.
• Maintain accurate PO documentation per FAR/ Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR) requirements and internal policies and procedures • Purchase required materials, equipment, and services in accordance with the established Division and Corporate Procedures and Work Instructions.
• Meet established PPV (Purchase Price Variance) targets for cost reduction and cost avoidance.
• Initiate and maintain effective and professional relationships with suppliers.
• Select, develop and maintain suppliers capable of meeting quality, cost, timing and technology expectations
• B.S. Degree in business, engineering or equivalent with Two years of purchasing experience with at least 1 year experience using FAR/DFARs flow downs within the manufacturing & AD industry. (Or 2 years post-secondary/Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience; Or Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience) • Purchasing experience utilizing ERP and MRP (i.e.: Infor LN, Infor Visual, SAP, BAAN) • Experience with Microsoft Office Products (Word and Excel) • Purchasing experience utilizing Infor LN or BAAN preferred • Commodity purchasing experience of electronic components & machined parts preferred