Danbury, USApply now Back to search
Job DescriptionApply now Back to search
- Drive reliability growth activities for new and existing products. Development experience of optical modules and/or mechatronic assemblies is preferred.
- Orchestrate reliability tools/methods, e.g. DFR (Design for Reliability), FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis), deployment through the whole organization during the design phase.
- Responsible for the design, oversight, and execution of reliability/serviceability tests including accelerated life testing, environmental stress screening, HALT (Highly Accelerated Life Test), HASS (Highly Accelerated Stress Screen), and reliability demonstration testing.
- Research new reliability processes by conducting experiments, identifying methods to demonstrate and predict product reliability.
- Work with engineers, product architects, and project leaders to identify risks based on required system functionality, rank risks, and advocate to ensure there are risk mitigation plans.
- Provide input to development schedules related to new or enhanced products.
- Contribute to the definition and development of the vision, strategy and roadmap for deployment of new Tools in Reliability that is applied on completed modules (Mechatronics, Software, Electrical, and Mechanical).
- Support other departments for improved process and better vendor quality control.
- Remain knowledgeable and in compliance with all company Environmental, Health and Safety practices and proactively address EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) issues that exist within the employee's immediate work environment.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Reliability Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 3-7 Years of experience required.
- Education and experience in DfR (Design for Reliability) and reliability growth management for new product development from system level down to sub-system and component level.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with product engineering, marketing, field service, and vendors in support of multiple and varying-complexity product lines before, during, and after production to address any product reliability concerns and make appropriate recommendations through planning, coordinating, conducting reliability test and analysis, and ultimately to meet compliance objectives; knowledge of statistics, root cause analysis, DOE (design of experiments).
- Ability to interact easily with cross-functional peers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A passion for bringing the reliability perspective into the design and system development process.
- Ability to prioritize and plan schedules, estimate task effort, and meet deadlines with high quality work that meets business, user and design objectives.