HMI Software Developer
Create new application ideas for intelligent transportation system to show its proof of concept to evaluators through rapid prototyping.
- Create new HMI for driver assistant systems and conduct both in-lab and in-vehicle test. HMI is all modalities (visual, audio, or haptic) that is appropriate for the concept.
- Identify opportunities for concept(s) and participate in brainstorming sessions.
- Perform vehicle retrofits with new technologies, electrical wiring, mechanical installation, and control.
- Collaborate with device vendors, universities, and/or other internal departments for building new prototype application.
- Participate in internal or external brainstorming sessions to generate new application ideas.
- Conduct test drive for application tuning or debugging.
- Able to design and create graphics, audio, or haptic human interfaces using tools Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop.
- Programming in C/C++, and other object-oriented languages like C# is a plus.
- Familiar with XML, TCP/IP, UDP, Arduino, vehicle CAN.
- High level of engineering disciplines and analytical skills.