Guidance Navigation and Control Engineer (GNC)
This is a technical leadership position performing complex guidance and control design and analysis for precision guided munition systems. The Guidance, Navigation and Control Group is responsible for all requirements, trade studies, algorithm designs and performance analyses required to develop autonomous products that navigate and guide successfully. Their scope includes aerodynamic analysis and model development, flight control system design and analysis, - actuation system design and analysis, strap down and GPS aided navigation system design and analysis, midcourse and terminal guidance design optimization as well as system performance analysis and flight test verification.
* GNC System design, analysis, modeling, and simulation
* Apply knowledge of guidance, navigation, and control theory to develop optimum trajectory guidance laws subject to seeker system and airframe constraints
* Develop autopilot control laws (modern and classical) that reduce sensitivities to aerodynamic and structural interaction uncertainties
* Develop guidance algorithms that optimize midcourse and terminal trajectories for both fixed and highly maneuverable advanced tactical targets.
* conduct flight system performance analysis including nonlinear modeling, digital control, and system effectiveness analysis
* Apply digital signal processing techniques and navigation system error analysis to verify sensor and filter performance
* Perform post flight reconstruction and analysis to verify system flight test performance and validate flight simulation models
* Develop, modify, and maintain software tools to include evaluation under nominal, off-nominal, and Monte Carlo flight modes
* Develop, modify, and maintain GPS and telemetry processing tools for the reduction and analysis of flight test to determine Best Estimate of Trajectory
* Proven skills at developing, testing, and refining flight algorithms for guided projectiles and fire control systems. [Navigation filters, track filters, autopilot approaches, 6DOF missile/projectile fly-out, guidance algorithms, tactical code development, and engagement simulations]
* Capable of extending the state of the art optimal trajectory shaping and developing multi-mode/multi-stage guidance laws.
* 10+ years of experience in Guidance, Navigation or Controls theory and analysis
* Experience performing systems engineering trade studies, analysis of alternatives, sensitivity analysis, etc.
* Relevant experience developing and verifying models of concept weapon systems and subsystems to include: airframes, seekers, launch platforms / flight dynamics, guidance algorithms / environmental models and tracking filters / radar aided navigation, up finding, sensor integration / agile tail, canard missile flight dynamics and control
* Experience in: autopilot development with a desire for modern control experience, dynamic six degree of freedom modeling and simulation, launch vehicle analysis and navigation systems.
* Experience with modeling and simulation in 3DoF and 6DoF and working experience with C/C++. Must be thoroughly proficient with modeling and simulation using
MATLAB / Simulink.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or Applied Mathematics or Applied Physics
* Master's or PhD in Aerospace engineering is preferred, and substitutes for 2 or 4 years of experience
Must have an active Secret clearance or held one within the last two years.
Pay: $50 to $75/hour
$50 to $75 Per Hour
Job Status: Full Time