Buyer (3+ yrs. experience) ERP/ SAP
Buyer for Defense Company (3+ yrs. experience) ERP/ SAP
12+ month CONTRACT or contract to hire
Likelihood on conversion to direct hire: “Conversion: High”
9/80 work week / Hours 8-5
US Citizen required
No secret clearance is needed
**Top 3 Skills/Attributes:
- Communication Skills
- Government Procurement experience
- Able to adapt to a fast pace environment.
Common Issues with Past Candidates:
**Just because a person has Buying experience, doesn’t mean they can procure space material.
You don’t have to have space experience, but you need more than just 1 year of buying.
- Sources and procures goods and services of a commodity nature from many suppliers.
- Initiates Requests for Quotations and Proposals and receives same, analyzing proposed pricing from potential suppliers.
- In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules.
- Works with internal customers to ensure specifications are appropriate for the services or products required.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through targeted negotiations.
- Issues purchase orders. Manages performance of purchase orders, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
- Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities.
- Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded.
- Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed.
- Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Minimum Education / Experience: 3 Years with Bachelors; 1 Year with Masters. In lieu of a degree additional years’ work experience and/or trade show will be considered (with no degree).
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with Enterprise Resource Planning systems such as SAP and Business Warehouse (“such as” means can be other ERP systems too – every buyer will have some ERP usage)
Preferred Qualifications (i.e. A Plus, not required):
- Expertise in Global Supply Chain procurement, sourcing, and systems support
If qualified, email a WORD version copy of your resume and then call Peggy at 774-210-4108 to discuss.
I need your month and day of birth and hourly pay rate in order to get you submitted! REFERRALS APPRECIATED!!!
Pay: $30 to $40/hour
$30 to $40 Per Hour
Job Status: Full Time