Accounts Payable Accountant
Seeking Accounts Payable Accountant--$22/hr—6+ Month CONTRACT:
Major purpose: The Accounts Payable Accountant will work with minimal supervision performing accounting duties to record, classify, examine, and analyze accounting transactions to ensure accurate and complete financial information. Duties include:
- Review expense reports and vendor invoices for adherence to company policies, FAR regulations, and project requirements. Post to the sub ledger as appropriate.
- Must support expense reports and vendor invoices with proper documentation.
- Maintain accurate filing system in compliance with company and SOX requirements, and for ease of reference.
- Ensure all expense reports and vendor invoices are posted to correct accounts in the accounting system.
- Monitor and reconcile A/P Aging to General Ledger.
- Promptly research and resolve issues related to vendor invoices and employee expense reports.
- Manage Sales and Usage Tax reports.
- Effectively communicate with other departments, vendors, and employees regarding invoices and expense reports.
- Support month end closing process, including account reconciliations related to roles and responsibilities.
- Responsible for SOX requirements related to role and responsibilities.
- Responsible for assisting with financial audits.
- Responsible for preparing specialized reports and analysis.
- Experience in coding vendor invoices and employee expense reports for a government contractor.
- Experience reconciling aging A/P to GL.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field or comparative experience.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information into systems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial information and vendor files.
- Team player with the ability to multi-task and to deploy where needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Sound interpersonal skills used when interfacing, coordinating, and negotiating with company personnel, customers, and suppliers.
- Ability to exercise discretion using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a team that strives for excellence.
- Excellent planning, time management and organization skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Infor Visual experience a plus
Pay: $21 to $22/hour
$21 to $22 Per Hour
Job Status: Full Time